Saturday, December 6, 2014

Changed my childhood

Every fable has a specific moral or lesson to the story. The three little pigs taught me that you have to put your all into whatever you're working on because even if it takes longer or seems impossible, it will always be worth it. Dedicating yourself and taking your time on something will always be worth it in the end. Even today, I use this as a lesson even in my lifetime now. Today, putting all my time in effort into something is needed to get a good grade in my classes. Although classes may seem impossible, the harder you work the more it will pay off in the end. Just like in the three little pigs were the first two houses got destroyed, they did not give up, and it worked out in the end. I feel now in ths point in my life time sometimes things really do feel impossible, like you will never find the light at the end of the tunnel. For many college students, the amount of stress that piled on got the better of them and dropped out of college because they couldn't take the work load. There is no doubt in my mind that every college kid has thought about dropping out of college or trying to find an alternate route around all the work and stress that comes along with college. However, in this world you have to work hard to get what you want. When things get bad, you have to pull yourself up and keep trying. I find it so interesting that I can relate this to such a simple little fable called, "The Three 
Little Pigs."

1 comment:

  1. You capture why we teach fables and children's literature as a whole. These are the stories that endure. The fact that you pull from "Three Little Pigs" to this day is a testament of the power of fables.

    These small lessons stick with us.

    ReplyDelete