Saturday, December 6, 2014

Picture Book Activity


For my picture book activity I would read to my students the famous picture book called The Snowman," by Raymond Briggs. Growing up, this was always one of my favorite picture books because the illustrations are beautiful and it tells a story about a boy and his magical friendship with a snowman. I feel my student's would really enjoy this book because it lets them use their imagination. For my activity I would first have the students relate to a time where they played in the snow and either made a snowman or made snow angels etc. The students could draw a picture like such as the book or draw a snowman they made. I then would hand out an organized outline for the picture book such as this one below. I would have the students draw their favorite part of the book as best as they can. After drawing their favorite scene, I would have the students write a reflection about why it was their favorite part of the book. This gives students the fun chance to draw and also relate to why it was their favorite part. The student's could write about how much they love winter or how they like to make snowman's like the boy in the book. Templates are a great tool for teachers to use with students. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment