Monday, October 20, 2014

Literacy Center

I really LOVED watching the literacy centers video. When I thought about my future classroom and readers workshop this is exactly how I wanted it to be like. I loved how engaged all the students were and honestly loved how loud the classroom was during filming. This showed that the students were really talkative and active discussing their books. In the beginning I like how the students were talking about the book "Loser," and comparing what they talk about in the book to what they are actually learning in real life. For example, in the book first graders were learning about large numbers and the students were so surprised that the kids in the book were learning that at such a young age. You can see that the kids were really engaged in the book which makes for a happy teacher. I liked the over all set up of this video. They start off by showing the students reading silently, and then show the students actively talking to one another and "generating questions." Over all great video!

No comments:

Post a Comment