Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Writing in General

Writing in general has always been one of my strongest subjects throughout my life. During elementary school I loved writing and reflecting about stories I've been reading. However, throughout high school I began to lose how much I really loved writing. I wasn't able to do really "free write" as much as I wanted too. My high school offered many electives however, writing was not very popular in my high school. When I took my SAT's I knew I would score well in writing and reading. My scores looked like two completely different people took the test. I scored very low in math and sky rocketed for reading and writing. I knew after that I had to do something to incorporate my education with writing. I decided to minor in creative writing and so far I have really enjoyed the classes I've been taking to fill my concentration. I've taken three English courses so far varying from fiction and poetry. Now, I used to really enjoy fiction writing over poetry. However, after this semester I realized that analyzing poetry has been really enjoyable for me. I like the idea that there is no right or wrong answer, it's all about how you analyze the poem. I like that there are always so many chances and opportunities with writing. You are able to organize your ideas before hand to really create a good piece of work draft, edit, and revise. Although, I don't think I was really supposed to write about my personal opinion about writing, I find that writing can be very personal to me. When my mom passed in high school, writing was always my get away. It was a way for me to write down all my thoughts, sadness, and anger, in a non physical way.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you talk about writing as more of a personal outlet. I'm not a big fan of writing so I enjoyed seeing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete